Great Things To Do In Fernie
Summer In the Elk Valley: Fly-fish, kayak, canoe, tube, swim, or whitewater raft, relax on a beach, golf at courses in Fernie and Sparwood, hike countless trails leading to almost every peak in the valley, mountain bike at Fernie Alpine Resort or follow a map to trails in the valley, take a chairlift ride at Fernie Alpine Resort to hike or bike, tour the valley on horseback with one of many outfitters, or explore waterfalls and hidden valleys in this gorgeous mountian wonderland.
Winter In the Elk Valley: Ski or snowboard some of North Americas best powder at Fernie Alpine Resort, go backcountry or snow-cat skiing with a local guide, snow shoeing, and dog sledding abond, or snowmobile on many multiuse trails throughout the valley and beyond.
Within a one hour drive:
- Crowsnest Pass, Alberta (Frank Slide Interpretive Centre, mine tours, hiking, lakes)
- The towns of Sparwood, Elkford, and Kimberley (Kimberley Alpine Resort)
- The City of Cranbrook, British Columbia
- Lake Koocanusa, Tie Lake, and Silver Springs Lake
- Kootenay Trout Hatchery
- Fort Steele Heritage Town
- The Canadian Railway Museum
Contact Us | Site Map